European Journal of Theatre and Performance
The objective of the journal is to become an open window onto Theatre and Performance. It is a place in which to develop our discipline as well as to search for new directions. It will stimulate a close dialogue between theory and practice, and between theatre and performance scholars and artists across Europe. It is a space where theatre can reflect and be critical about itself, and a space intimately connected with the world that surrounds it. Starting from the local, it is also a place in which to question the global and to promote boundary-crossing, taking in consideration European backgrounds and the variety of methodologies and theoretical approaches to our field. It also will work to enable a number of languages to be used within the journal.
The journal is committed to the following:
- Endeavor to make a range of European voices heard in a variety of languages, in order to become a site for exchange.
- Give space to artists’ research;
- Provide reports on current academic research from across Europe;
- Focus on local issues that can become the subject of journal special issues;
- Give access to books that are inaccessible owing to language barriers.
The Journal will stimulate an intense dialogue between all stakeholders: universities, performance scholars and artists across Europe, regardless of nationality or language. It will provide an open space in which to promote fruitful exchange
Publishing Director: Josette FÉRAL
The Publishing Director is the legal person responsible for publication.
Editors-in-Chief: Agata ŁUKSZA, Didier PLASSARD
The Editors-in-Chief are responsible for the journal organisation, the Editorial Board and the Board of Advisors.
Editorial Board : Maria-Joaõ BRILHANTE (Lisbon), Nancy DELHALLE (Liège), Milija GLUHOVIĆ (Warwick), Lorenzo MANGO (Naples), Aldo MILOHNIĆ (Ljubljana).
The Editorial Board is responsible for inviting contributions, editing the various sections, and overseeing the peer-review process.
Advisory Board : Christopher BALME (Munich), Georges BANU (Paris), Annamaria CASCETTA (Milano), Petr Christov (Prague), Eleni PAPALEXIOU (Univ. of Peloponnese), Tiina ROSENBERG (Stockholm), Adolfo AYUSO ROY (Zaragoza), Dorota SAJEWSKA (Zurich), Weronika SZCZAWIŃSKA (artistic director, Wojciech Bogusławski Theatre, Kalisz), Tiago RODRIGUES (National Theatre D. Maria II/Lisbon).
The Advisory Board help with peer-reviewing, give advice on topics and give feed-back on published issues.
Managing Editor : Stefania LODI RIZZINI
The Managing Editor is responsible for legal agreements with authors.
1) For English: Mick GREER (Portugal, suggestion from Maria-Joao) or Wendy RIBEYROL (France, suggestion from Didier), both native speakers, professional translators and teachers.
2) For other languages: to be announced